Next week is the last week for the attendance competition! The class to beat for the Slime Party is Ms. Mandy’s 4th Grade Class!!
Dates to Remember!
Thanksgiving break is the week of 11/20 – 11/24
Spirit Week 11/13 – 11/17
Winter Celebration 12/19
Spirit Week will be next week 11/13 – 11/17
Monday: Pajama Day!
Tuesday: Crazy hair /hat Day! Wednesday: Flannel Day! Thursday: Neon Day!
Friday: Ohio State & Michigan Day!
Excessive Absences ( Codes E, EP, U, UP)
- 38 hrs/6 days, Excused or Unexcused, within a month- long timeframe, periodically. This is per/each calendar month.
- 65 hrs/10 days, Excused or Unexcused, within a school year, periodically.
Habitual Truancy ( Codes U, UP)
- 30 hrs/5 days consecutive (straight) Unexcused.
- 42 hrs/ 7 days within a month – long timeframe Unexcused , periodically. This is per/each calendar month.
- 72 hrs/11 days within a school year Unexcused, periodically.
Ms. Jackson’s 2nd Grade Class has been enjoying their new reading centers, having fun doing STEM activities and they are learning all about nocturnal animals in their science unit!
Ms. McClain’s 2nd Grade Class focused on hands on science activities!
The students paired up for a STEM activity that focused on teamwork! They were able to manipulate marshmallows and toothpicks to see whose group could build the tallest tower! November will be a month to give thanks! Students will be encouraged daily to show acts of kindness and empathy to honor our Character Traits of the month.
Once again, please do not use the bus lane or the alleyway to drop your students off. All students, unless you are a walker, are to be dropped off through the drop off from the area in the back of the school. Doors open for car riders at 7:45. Do not drop your students off before that and leave.